Wednesday 3 February 2010

Thanks Prendas

I am not going to lie, this post is a blatant plug for one of the ‘unsung heroes’, if a company can be called such a thing of the UK cycling scene. It was a while before Christmas when I decided to see if someone other than my parents could help support me in my up and coming season abroad, many an email was sent, not many were replied to and even fewer offered support. However, Andy Storey of Prendas was one of the few people I managed to get on my side and agreed to help me out.

Fast forward until about half way through last week and I am opening a box of goodies from them, including numerous pairs of their legendary socks, for those in the know Prendas socks are one of the few pairs around that fore fill the official height requirements set out in the Euro code for cyclists, the amount of pairs of these socks I have got through in my riding career is unimaginable. However amongst the arm warmers, socks, oversocks and track mitts I also found 2 items I didn’t order, namely a pair of Prendas ‘Super Roubaix Gloves’ and a pair of Prendas ‘Windtex Gloves’. Why are you telling me this you may ask, well because they are good and I mean really good. I think I have done 4 winters now in the UK, or maybe 5 the years run into each other for me just like the miles god knows what I will be like by 30, and up until last Saturday when I put these on in tandem I have not previously found a glove wearing approach as good as putting the ‘Roubaixs’ on under the ‘Windtex Gloves’.

Previously I have tried everything and I mean everything, one set of DeFeet Dura Gloves, under a pair of ‘Windstoppers’, two pairs of DeFeet gloves under a pair of ‘Windstoppers’, at some points I have even go out with a pair of the rubber gloves doctors use under the DeFeet gloves under the ‘Windstoppers’ and still in the depths of winter my hands would loose feeling. Infact it got to the point this winter, where myself and my riding mates began joking about the fact that these supposed ‘Winderstopper’ materials should really be called ‘Breeze Stoppers’.

So Saturday came around and I thought I’d crack the new toys from Prendas out, after all they couldn’t be any worse than anything else I have worn to try and keep my hands warm. It soon became apparent though that these gloves were good, or as I said before really good imagine my joy as I returned home on Saturday able to change gear and feel my brakes all when the temperature hadn’t risen above 2 degrees all day. I actually could not recommend these gloves enough to anyone other than the fair weather cyclists out there, they are mega.

So thanks Prendas, for the stuff which will keep me looking sweet in the season, and also for the gloves that will keep my hands toasty in the last few weeks in the UK.

For anyone wishing to get some Prendas kit, click on the icon on the page and it should take you straight to the main site.

No comments:

Post a Comment